Friday, December 4, 2009

an ode to the fairly indifferent or greatly ungreatful

you keep everything close to your heart,
as i did once.
though, i have managed to keep all things far from my heart of late
thus i have become to appear a bit heartless. not dead, just cold.
but I'm no more a heartless prick than i am a product of a cold world.

you take a look around, not much has changed.
there are still kings and queens.
royalty and peasants.
masters and slaves.

this hope and change that you want so bad is never really coming.
because whenever you get ahead, people want a piece of your pie.
this is why i keep to myself.
thus i have become to appear a bit cold. not dead, just heartless.

i am great. i am amazing.
and if i keep this mindset, nothing can make me not alive.

you were a great thought. you were eyes set ablaze.
you were the greatest beacon of hope, of change.
the operative word being were.

and now as i watch, seemingly from outside my body, there is not much i can do.
all i do is keep you close to my heart. where you belong.
because I'm not going anywhere. at least not anytime soon.
and you'll realize that there's no one else. and I'll realize that this world isn't so cold.
and positivity comes back every time i see your face or hear your voice or see your smile.

so until this all comes to an end, I'll wait in limbo.
holding my drink, and waiting for my chance to sweep you off of your feet.

No comments: