Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the last letter we ever wrote.

DEAR READER

WARNING! this may be a bit long..or it may not. just a warning.

I'd like to start off by saying that this blog is something of a voluntary thing. Voluntary in the sense that i do not, nor have i ever, forced anyone to read these shitty words. Fuck, i don't even have my real name on here. To read this is obviously and blatantly on you, the reader, this is your own personal choice. While I do love the fact that someone somewhere is reading my writing, i don't not like being scrutinized for the writings i write(overuse of the word write?). I know i have said some stupid, offensive (and at points, ill-thought out) shit on here, but i am not, nor will i ever, apologize for the things I've said. "Why?" you, the reader, may ask. Well, reader, because they are my personal opinions as well as my own personal feelings. It has always been a near-fucking-fact that i wear my heart on my sleeve and if i feel like talking about something, i am going to talk about it. no doubt, one way or another, someone will hear about it. I guess that is what makes me so interested in writing. but yeah, so i guess you could call this blog....free press?

I'd like to continue with this: We, meaning myself and you, the reader, can co-exist. I can understand where you are coming from when you may say that you, the reader, are not happy with what i write (this is if you, the reader, were ever to talk to me) but at the same time, like i said in my first point, it is your choice to seek out my blog and, subsequently, read it. Reader, you need to understand this. Let me present this scenario to you: You, the reader, do not like spiders (I'm with you on that one, reader, i hate them more than math). Someone decides to bring their pet spider to your house. Do you, the reader, look at that spider? NO! Obviously not! Reader, you despise spiders, they scare the living shit out of you. Well think of this blog as a spider, and stay the fuck away from it if it displeases you so much (as i am sure, it sometimes will).

I am expecting you, the reader, to take this blog the wrong way, as you may have in the past,( i am now speaking solely to those who have read my past posts). Reader, please understand, I am certainly not threatening you, nor am i calling anyone out by name. I am simply stating the fact that I will never force anyone to read this blog. I don't have the capability to create a virus that infects all of America's computer to where when you click a link, it redirects you to my blog. My pen name is Ran Tatter. that's all you, the reader, needs to know about my name. If you want to continue reading this blog, well then please do so! I don't want to turn anyone away from reading anything as reading is on the decline in general (unless you count the recent popularity of fmylife.com, which requires you, any reader, to read only 2-3 sentences at a time.), but please, i beg of you, the reader, don't use this site to incriminate me. This is free press, i don't pay for this, you don't pay for this, these are my honest to goodness opinions. This is how i feel. I would never threaten violence against anyone ever.

To conclude, I want to make a point to tell you, the reader, that this is not an explanation, or an excuse, but rather a clarification. Now, Reader, you have an idea, or you may have a idea, or even a glimpse, of where the hell i am coming from. so the next time you, the reader, are at a party having a conversation with a pretty lady or a handsome dude, and they ask you "What's this asshole Ran Tatter's deal?", you, the reader, may be able to answer them... you, the reader, may be able to impress them with your infinite knowledge.

yours in writing and honesty,
Ran Tatter

No comments: