Tuesday, October 27, 2009

take my name off the lease

i find it relevant to relay this message from Kris Roe of the ataris when i asked him if he was still having fun a couple years ago.:

Our new record will be out in late February. It is the most honest piece of art I have included my heart and soul in period. This band turned into something different than I wanted for a small time. That is no longer the case. It happens. I found out alot of things in this past couple years. Too many for one email. Although one thing always remains true is that you must always remain true to your heart no matter how people may tear you apart. We all change and evolve in different ways. For a short while I felt like this band no longer who I was as a person so I did something about that. Now it does again. It now represents seven people that enjoy what they are doing, not four people all doing for themselves. it represents friendship and musicians creating music they all would listen to. that they enjoy. I cannot wait til next year. To quote Jets to Brazil... "It's the first day of my second life." Take care. your friend. Kris


it's the first day of my second life.
that day was last september for me. and while i dwell sometimes and i go through withdrawl it seems at least once a month, i don't want anyone to think that i'm not trying to move on because i am. i'm doing this on my own. For awhile, i became something that i didn't want to be. i abandoned friends and i bent over backwards. I may have slipped up a couple times, but i loved her to the best of my ability and i walked away from this ordeal knowing this. i know this is the same old story you've been hearing for a year, but how this is different is that i'm not going to lie to you and say that i'm completely over her. I didn't have the closure i wish there could have been and i think thats all i could ask for now. i've met a really cool girl who just isn't getting the fair chance she should because i constantly think back to years past. its not fair.

i enjoy my life, please don't get me wrong. everything is a lesson learned and i've learned a lot, but i still have a lot to work on.
but, to quote set your goals, "my life, a constant work in progress, and i wouldn't have it any other way"

No comments: